Banana Bread Pancakes
These. Pancakes. Are. INSANE. Seriously, after three tries to make other gluten free pancakes that ended in a crumbly, watery mess, I came up with these which were such a success!
They taste just like banana bread pudding in pancake form and can be topped with everything from chocolate to strawberries to peanut butter to compliment the banana taste. The oats and collagen make them filling too so just two feels like enough for breakfast.
They also smell so delicious, Nick kept asking what smelled so great every time he walked by. These would be great for a brunch, a quick breakfast during the week day, or make a whole stack for yourself! They are so good.
Of course, they also are pretty nutritious as well. Banana provides a good dose of potassium and magnesium which helps with muscle recovery. Gluten free oats help to maintain blood sugar and provide iron which many Americans are deficient in. Collagen has so many benefits but I used it here as a source of protein (along with the eggs) as well as a gut healing boost to my breakfast. Finally, cinnamon is anti-inflammatory, perfect for allergy season!
Let me know how you like them when you try them and what you top yours off with!
Banana Bread Pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup gluten free oats
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 scoops collagen powder
- Mash banana in bowl until no chunks remain. I like to put it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to make it easier to mash
- Add all ingredients into the bowl and mix well until mixture resembles pancake batter
- Spray pan with coconut oil, olive oil, butter, or ghee
- Using a large spoon, drop 3-4 dollops of the batter into the pan to form a large pancake
- Cook on each side on medium heat 2-3 minutes or until batter solidifies around sides and the middle is easy to flip
- Once each side is browned, take the pancake out and drop more batter in, the pancake should be the consistency of banana bread
- Top with your choice of toppings, I topped mine with maple syrup, almond butter, pecans, and Pearl Butter