This juice is for the few, the brave, the lionhearted. Green juice is no joke and this one--packed with dandelion greens, celery, zucchini, lemon, and ginger--is intended to reset your digestive system and provide serious detox efficiently and effectively.
Think you can handle it? Just kidding, it really is good!
It's inspired by a juice I've been drinking from local Philadelphia company, Juice Dr. with cucumber, celery, kale, spinach, dandelion, lemon, and ginger. I didn't have all those ingredients so I made my own version with what I had on hand.
This juice does taste green but the dandelion greens and ginger add a great spiciness that makes it totally refreshing to drink. If you're just starting out with green juice, I'd recommend adding apple or banana to this and removing the celery for a gentler intro to the green juice world (welcome!).
With that said, if you're looking to get back on track, this juice is a nutritional dream.
- Dandelion greens are a natural diuretic (hello detox!) and suppress COX-2 enzymes, prostaglandins, and cytokines which all are pro-inflammatory. These anti-inflammatory benefits are huge and this leafy green also packs iron, calcium, and 7.5X more Vitamin K than broccoli. Talk about powerful.
- Zucchini is a high source of antioxidants and Vitamin C which helps with inflammation. It also is hydrating and easily digestible, helping those with leaky gut get electrolytes and providing fiber for natural constipation relief.
- Celery is gut healing, providing hydration and fiber to promote healthy bowel movements and helping the body to detox as it is extremely alkaline and can neutralize acidity in the body.
- Lemon I've talked about being an amazing detoxifier before and it also helps digestion through promoting better nutrient absorption and helping bloat.
- Ginger stimulates saliva and bile production which aids in digestion as well as calms stomach contractions which is great for cramps or if you have your period. It also reduces inflammation.
It's time to get your green on. Try it out and let me know in the comments below if you found it helpful!
- 1 handful dandelion greens (washed and stripped from stalk)
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 lemon
- 2-3 knobs of ginger
- Add dandelion greens, zucchini, and celery into blender
- Squeeze lemon into blender, ensuring no seeds fall in
- Peel ginger knobs and chop to about two quarter size pieces and place into blender
- Blend in 30 second increments, I usually do this for 2 1/2 minutes or until no pieces of the ingredients are visible
- Strain into airtight container, I use a paper towel but an actual small strainer would definitely work better
- Store in fridge for up to five days